[Chrysler300] 5/8" Ribbed Heater Hose & 64K Console question

[Chrysler300] 5/8" Ribbed Heater Hose & 64K Console question

See a picture of the hose at:
http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/productmedia/catalog_product_gallery/index/id
/499/image/0/  It looks like the letters GM on the hose.  Perhaps the vendor
could be persuaded to make a mile or so of the hose with proper MoPar
markings?  At $5.30/foot he should make out after a couple of sales.

I didn't remember what ribbed hose is/was.  Apparently a flat set of ribs
running lengthwise?  Any apparent reason?  Only one set or two or more?
What years was it standard on our 300's?  Anyone have a legible set for
possible reproduction?

We are restoring a K conv and it is coming along nicely.  All systems are go
except the A/C.  I also have a K coupe parts car.  While making up the best
console components into one, we noticed a difference between the two cars
(other than the top was missing from one).  Welded to the floor, under and
near the front part of the console of the coupe was a pretty stout little
steel bracket welded to the floor and sticking up like a brace or support
with two slots at the top.  There is no such bracket on the convertible
floor.  It looks like it may be associated with the shift cables.  Anyone
know why the difference and/or what it's for?  Maybe a running design change
in the shifter linkage?

C-300-K'ly

Rich Barber