Re: [Chrysler300] 440 ish

G = 1971
440 = Displacement
11 6 = Nov 6

Seems to be a replaced engine.

*1965 - 1971*

In '65 the third digit of the CID was added to the engine ID  code.
After '65 a typical engine ID code will look like this: B383-322
The first digit identifies the year: B=1966
The next 3 digits are the engine CID: 383=383
The last 3 digits are the date and month: 322= March 22
*Year Codes for B & RB Engines*

   - A - 1965
   - B - 1966
   - C - 1967
   - D - 1968
   - E - 1969

   - F - 1970
   - G - 1971
   - H - 1972
   - J - 1973
   - P - 1960

   - R - 1961
   - S - 1962
   - T - 1963
   - V - 1964

   - 4T - 1974
   - 5T - 1975
   - 6T - 1976
   - 7T - 1977
   - 8T - 1978

The 1971 440 V-8 had a gross horsepower of 370 at 4,600 rpm and a net
horsepower of 305 at 4,600 rpm. Its gross torque was 480 lb-ft at 3,200 rpm
and its net torque was 400 lb-ft at 3,200 rpm. It had a compression ration
of 9.5:1 and used a four-barrel Carter carburetor.

Read more: 440 Engine Torque Specs |
eHow<http://www.ehow.com/list_7576107_440-engine-torque-specs.html#ixzz2ULHSoeEG>
http://www.ehow.com/list_7576107_440-engine-torque-specs.html#ixzz2ULHSoeEG
Ray

--
*Ray Jones. Y'all come on down an see us. Ya hear?*

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)