Re: [Chrysler300] hurst gold color

Everything I have ever read about the Hurst referenced the Cadillac color.
Don't forget that Hurst did one car a year or so for Mfgs. as specials and
most were GM cars.
The Hurst Olds and Hurst Pontiac were specials done by them so it makes
sense that they had the GM paint on hand.
They were done in Warminster. PA., so there was little checking by Chrysler
on progress.
There was little cooperation between Hurst and Chrysler, both thought the
other was doing things which is why there were only 500 made.
Also, the strip is NOT Black it is Chocolate Brown. they just
weather/darken into black.
Ray

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM, John Nowosacki <jsnowosacki@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> **
>

> Hi Group,
> I've been trying to do some research on the gold color for the Hurst in
> 1970. I've seen/heard in the past that it was a 1970 Cadillac color called
> Sauterne Mist Gold, but when I look at paint chips from GM for that year,
> the Sauterne color doesn't appear to be gold at all. There is a Byzantine
> Gold color that looks pretty close.
> Anyone out there have the definitive info? I have found a paint guy who
> seems to be able to get almost anything, or mix up older formulas, and I'd
> like to run it by him.
> Thanks,

*Ray Jones. Y'all come on down an see us. Ya hear?*

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)