[Chrysler300] 12 volt coversion

Hi folks,

Due to problems with my original Hemi 331 engine in my C300 I will pull the
engine to have it rebuilt during the coming winter.

Water disappearing in to the oil system gives two possible errors. Either it
is a rust hole in one of the cylinders or a frost crack.

I must say I hope for the first?

As I have a rebuilt 354 over bored to a ?392? in my shop I will put it in my
C300 shortly.
Just for the fun of driving the car this summer.

As the 354 is sort of high compressive now I doubt the 6 Volt system will be
able to cope with the starts

and I am looking into my earlier retired thought of converting the electric
system to 12V.

I know converting a C300 to 12V will not keep it original but that is a
deviation I can live with.

As it is a C300 with very few options on it it ought to be rather easy
compared to other cars.

No power seats. No power windows.

The things that I come to think of are the following:

Lamps and bulbs. Outside and inside.

Generator.

Starter. I have heard I can use the 6V starter for pretty long time, right?

Coil.

Relays. (Charging, starting and lights)

Wiper motor.

Interior fans 2pcs.

Horns.

Amp meter. Do I need to change that?

Tank meter. Do I need to change that?

Have I missed many things?

I have heard to some kind of ?reducer devices? that can be placed before a
consumer that makes it possible

to keep the 6V device.

Can anyone guide me on that?

Is it expensive?

Can I use it on i.e. wiper motor, horns or fans?

Looking forward to your help.

300?ly

Johan Västsäter

Sweden