RE: [Chrysler300] Known 413 block/ head problems

RE: [Chrysler300] Known 413 block/ head problems

While we're on the 413 subject, can someone list the differences in valve
trains between NY, 300, 300K and 300K ram engines, say in 1964?  I'm aware
of the different cams, bigger intake valves, solid tappets and adjustable
rocker arms but wondering about valve springs and pushrods.  Wondering also
about any other significant differences in the 360 HP K heads and the 390 HP
ram heads.  If the later pushrods had oil forced through them, would it make
sense to use these in a rebuild?

I'm still looking for a specific recommendation for a replacement camshaft
for a '64K ram engine.  The cam shops seem to offer one size fits all cams
for 361 to 426 MW engines and it just seems that the ram engines would
require a camshaft especially ground to work with the rams.  None of their
performance cams seem to come anywhere near to matching the J/K ram cam
specs.  I have access to an NOS hydraulic cam for a 360HP 300K engine.  I
keep hearing about purple cams.  What's that all about?  If someone has
replaced the cam in their J or K ram engine with something that works well
in the normal driving environment, makes good vacuum, can be made to start
and idle and still create whiplash when stomped, I'd love to hear about it.

C-300-K'ly,

Rich Barber