RE: [Chrysler300] Happy Birthday Mr. Hertog

RE: [Chrysler300] Happy Birthday Mr. Hertog

To Matt and the Club in general:

I love(d) that man like a brother.  I don't think I have ever had a closer
friend than John Hertog.

I think of him at least once a week.

GOD I miss that man...  I guess we all do.

In 24 days it will have been 5 years ago (July 09, 2008) that he left us for
that big Car Meet up yonder.  (See Obituary below.)

I hope his lady friend Helen is somehow aware of our feelings and wishes for
him as well.

Thanks Matt, and thanks to my great friend John Hertog for the wonderful
memories.

Especially for those days that we cruised those wonderful wrecking yards
near Phoenix.

<http://sagharboronline.com/sagharborexpress/obituaries/obituaries-july-17-3
45> Obituaries July 17

Posted on 18 July 2008

Jean Joseph Hertog

Jean Joseph Hertog, known as "John," of North Haven died at Southside
Hospital in Bay Shore on July 9 after a long illness. He was 53.

He was born June 15, 1955, to Arno and Madeleine (Ballongue) Hertog in
Manhattan. He was an only child, and is survived by his mother. Other living
relatives include aunts, uncles, and cousins who reside in France and
Belgium.

Mr. Hertog attended grammar school at the Lycee Francais in Manhattan and
attended high school in both New York and Paris.

His life-long passion was in antique automobiles, particularly the Chrysler
300 "letter cars" that graced the American highways from 1955-1965. He was a
world-renowned restorer of these automobiles, and served on the board of
directors of the Chrysler 300 Club International. He won numerous awards at
car shows across the U.S. for his pristine restorations, as well as several
Awards of Appreciation for his work on the club's website and "good
Samaritan" awards for helping club members repair and restore their cars.
His favorite aspect of his work with cars, according to his friends and club
members, was in the friendships he made through the work.

Mr. Hertog was employed by Suffolk County Probation as a Probation Assistant
from September, 2002 until the time of his death. His job was to help people
gain access to the Family Court system by first interviewing them, then
preparing the appropriate court document such as orders of protection and
child support orders. Jill Muir, a 40 year veteran of the department and a
co-worker of Mr. Hertog's, described him as someone with unparalleled desire
to help every client, and superb talent in doing so.

Mr. Hertog was also a great lover of animals. As a "hands on" person, he
enjoyed feeding and caring for the myriad animals that were brought to his
friend and housemate, Helen Mecagni, who was a wildlife rehabilitator.

A memorial service was held Sunday, July13 at the Yardley-Pino Funeral Home
in Sag Harbor. Interment of his ashes will be privately held at Oakland
Cemetery at a later date.

Memorial donations may be directed to Elsa's Ark, PO Box 2900, East Hampton,
NY 11937 or Sag Harbor Community Food Pantry.

>From Big John Mc Adams

(In SoCal)