Re: [Chrysler300] A/C hose for G

Andy,

I set up a Mopar Dealer-installed A/C in my C and had to deal with the
flared fitting issue. I'm using R12 freon so I don't need the barrier hose
or modern o-ring fittings you need for the R134. And I wanted to use the
original style flared fittings for looks as well.

I went to a nearby firm that specializes in semi reefer installations and
repairs. They, fortunately, had both the flare fitting equipment and the
patience to carefully work through the fussiness of an old car nut. They
did a beautiful job.

If your acquaintance can find find such a shop locally, he may have the
same good fortune. Otherwise, if he can send a correct sample over here,
the folks I used ought to be able to handle the job for him.

Let me know if I can help.

Keith Boonstra
Holland, Michigan

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Andy Mikonis <r41hp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
>

> Hey gang,
>
> A local member is looking for a high pressure a/c hose that goes from the
> condenser to the compressor on a G with factory air. G Consultant Verity
> says these are tough because they use a flare fitting rather than an
> o-ring. He suggested used. Anyone have a source for these or a good used
> one?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy Mikonis

<*> Your email settings: