Re: [Chrysler300] What's happening to the gene pool?

Re: [Chrysler300] What's happening to the gene pool?

I think that's a very good point regarding the misrepresentation--it's
often rampant.  In my experience, it ranges from relatively clueless  sellers
who actually think in their minds that their car is a prize, to those  who
will say anything to get you there to look at the car, hoping you will buy  it
even though it may be junk.  The worst is when you are very clear about
what you want or don't want, grill the seller to tell you the truth, and
either  drive or fly a long distance at considerable expense only to discover the
car  was not as described.

That said, apparently what happened to Mr. Olson was just the  reverse.
After arranging to meet someone who was very interested in the  car, and going
through a lot of trouble and expense to make that happen, it  appears the
potential buyer just stood him up, and didn't even have the courtesy  to tell
him that he couldn't (or didn't want to) make it to the meeting.   To me,
that is just as unconscionable as misrepresenting the car.

To me, one of the saddest things about the collector car hobby is the
occasional (or perhaps frequent?) lack of integrity among either sellers or
buyers.  Fortunately, with respect to 300 collectors, there are often
volunteers who will go look at a car that happens to be close to them, to  provide
an independent opinion before a prospective purchaser makes a long  trip.  I
have personally benefited from that, and feel it is one of  the many great
attributes of the Club.

Shannon

300F Convertible

In a message dated 7/27/2013 7:10:43 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,