RE: [Chrysler300] The latest on Melissa

Brandt, You need to obtain a copy of the 300 G service manual supplement. I
believe  John Holst has it available on his web site,
And do the complete workup on your car following the 15 or so step procedure
in the proper order to set your
Trans and fuel linkages up properly starting with #1 and working through the
list. Very important in order to get the car shifting and running properly.
Accelerator position in relation to the floor boards plays a big part in
this.

I had similar problems w/my F for years until I discovered I had wrong parts
as part of the KD linkage.
Mainly, the rod from the carb bellcrank to the firewall, it was too short, I
had to add about an inch to it's length.

I don't want to open the whole can of worms ATF thing again here, but prior
to the Branson meet, I had had just about enough
Of some of the same problems you are experiencing. That is when I discovered
the linkage problem, as I had not had proper KD since day #1!!
Once I solved that problem and drained the trans and torque converter and
replaced w/type F from WallyWorld, the F drove and shifted like a brand new
car
And have had zero problems with drivability since.

BTW, my Granddaughter, Mellissa, loves to drive it also!! I turned her loose
behind the wheel for a time last year on the way home from Carlisle.

Dave Schwandt