RE: [Chrysler300] Motor dying - AFB 3256SA

RE: [Chrysler300] Motor dying - AFB 3256SA

Hi All,

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Changing the coil did not help the issue.
I also found out after more testing, I can get it do die with a sudden stop
(5-10 mph) turning both right or left and also moving forward, albeit less
moving straight forward.  I have the hunch it may be an issue with the carb
float perhaps being set too high?  When the engine is at low RPM with foot
on brake (around 3-5 mph), it seems to gasp a bit, but if the stop is not
too sudden, it will recover after 1-2 seconds.  I think the idea that gas
may be pouring from the bowl could be the issue.  The other AFB carb that I
tried caused the engine to run a bit rough at all speeds (thus the engine
stalled during the stop test), so it could be the original AFB 3256SA float
settings.  I'll keep you posted.

One other thought.could this have something to do with the trans not
downshifting correctly from 2nd to 1st gear and/or the torque converter
putting too much stress on the engine at low RPM's?  I have raised the idle
speed since this started and that has helped a bit.  When it is stopped and
in DRIVE (i.e. at a stoplight), there is ample idle speed and the engine
runs fine.

Thanks again!

300ly,

Mark Lindahl