[Chrysler300] 66 front end dismantle advice

[Chrysler300] 66 front end dismantle advice

OK it is not a 300, but maybe same idea used on same year 300s, but whatever if not, maybe reply off list - on a '66 Plymouth Fury/VIP 2 door how do you most simply remove the front end strut rod from where it goes into/through the radiator support frame, so you can replace rubbers on front and at same time slip new sway bar rubber onto it?

The strut rod fixes to lower control arm by large nut you get to from back of strut rod, front has usual large nut and cup washer - BUT THEN HOW DO YOU GET IT OUT, as in 66 the torsion bar adjuster set up is not at rear as on '57s etc, and I think blocks dropping/swiveling the control arm. AM I SUPER STUPID, OR DID THEY MAKE MOPARS AFTER THEY WENT TO UNIBODY, WAY MORE LESS FRIENDLY TO WORK ON !!!??

(on '57-58s 300s, you undo 2 bolts at rear of rod that hold it to lower control arm and then slip rod back - as you do with near every other 60s era US 'non Mopar' car that has strut rods)

Christopher in Australia

 - our 'once every 3yrs Federal Election', is finally announced to be in few weeks - if we get a better govt  (!!!!!?), it will become hopefully a way more friendly 300user/300ly country once again, boy the current lot done much damage to former 'Lucky Country', (living costs/gas prices/new govt red tape/illogicalities, etc), this info for the many US 300 Members that sometimes say they have affection/feelings for the place, and hope to visit one day - may it still be worth you coming hopefully.

Gas prices here hit 165c a litre last week, with premium 180c, and with our only 3 closes/ big Cities still around 500 miles apart, chances of a big turnout National 300 Rally not too flash with all other big Cities 1500+ plus miles away. But 300 owners here now it mid winter still quiely working away at improving/using better, their 300s,on my few encounters with few aussie 300 owners over last weeks.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)