Re: [Chrysler300] Dead Hurst Window Motor

Re: [Chrysler300] Dead Hurst Window Motor

*Thomas, Thomas, Thomas,This is why we have archives. It's been discussed
often.
*
*These lift mechanisms are strongly spring loaded, to counterbalance the
weight of the glass.
*
*So,ALWAYS clamp a good pair of vice-grips on the frame to keep the arm
from moving. A volg bolt thru the frame is also a good backup stop.
*
*I have a dent in my scull from my "L" unwinding, that's how I know!

*
* Parts are available, and look for a metal gear as them came in earlier
years. The moters are all the same up int the late 80's, I think.
*
* The last of them even had the D C D P logos on them.

*
*Just bolt the motor back n the frame, it doesn't care where the arm is.

*
*Electrically, the motor housing is NOT grounded. Current flows thru it and
that determines which way it turns.
It runs one way with the positive on one terminal and the other way with
the + on the other terminal.
* *

*
*And finally, You are hosting the fall meet.
Your job is to see to it that there is NO rain, so your Hurst won't have to
stay home with an open window!

*
*Good luck with the Hurst and the Meet.
Ray*

--
*Ray Jones. Y'all come on down an see us. Ya hear?*

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)