From: "Brandt Jimerson" <brandt300g@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:49 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] It's getting embarrasing.

Hi to all again. Hard to start off my usual way but Melissa is still a
'problem tranny child'! Ha...Even after correctly adjusting the linkage it
is still a problem. For the first 30 minutes of driving as I said before, it
is okay. However, after that, if I floor it from a dead stop it stays in
gear to long and of course, kickdowns, the wrong ones, happen at too fast of
a speed. I will say this though...Thanks to the group my G is the fastest
that it has EVER been! Don't get me wrong...Melissa really needed it. Thanks
to Bob J. and the group! Anyways I stayed off the listserver for a while
because I was a little embarrased, but I can't save my face and my %$s at
the same time so here it goes: I need to ask Greg for my money back or have
him take her apart all the way, and start with the correct book. Can someone
please assist me to obtaining a pamphlet or booklet on the correct way to
rebuild the letter car trans, not the New Yorker? Do I
 need the 1960 Chrysler/Imperial book? Will that info given to Greg be
sufficient? I seem to have misplaced my '60 manual but I do Have my '61. Do
I need '60? Another question, can the torque converter hub runout be
incorrect!? I remember someone bringing that to question at one time and
maybe I should have looked closer into that. If so, Greg needs to know that.
Greg needs to rebuild by the book, or my $ back! I hope that doesn't become
'interesting' but I know he can also follow instructions because he did a
GRET job the linkage adjustment. The anti-stall unit was even in the correct
position.
.....Anyways, I need help and I also need to remember how great this club is
so I shouldn't really feel embarrased, it's just time for me to get this
tranny fixed once and for all. This has been going on for a couple of years
now and as a good member told me, it's time to move on!! :-)

Sincerely & 300ly, Brandt H J with yes, a G.

"Leave Group" button

For list server instructions, go to

For archives go to
http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylangYahoo! Groups