[Chrysler300] Need pressure and got any?

[Chrysler300] Need pressure and got any?

Guys,
  I have used a shaft (hex as I recall) designed for priming the oiling system.  Drive it with an electric hand drill set for reverse, and use a multimeter across the oil pressure sender.  When you have pressure, the multimeter shows a closed circuit (little to no resistance) and you can see while you are still under the hood.
  As others have pointed out, need the distributor removed and the gear that drives the distributor (it engages the camshaft so has to be out.  Note the relative position so as to spin it back in in the same relative location).  Should be relatively easy to check if the pump is doing its job, then, before replacing items.
Tim  Tomlinson
w. central IL

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional