From: John Grady [mailto:jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 1:10 PM
To: 'Ray Jones'; 'Mark Lindahl'
Cc: 'Chrysler 300 club'
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Alternator for 1963 Chrysler 300

Hi Ray,
Hi Mark,
I agree, bearing under 5$ , you get a new one and get new brush (es) too,
which is all that goes wrong , in my experience. Need press and experience
to do right, easy to break off tab brush is on,  on some of these; have
about 4 like that, useless now.

Maybe front half casting with rotor and pulley intact might swap. Do not
know, but better to just rebuild one at auto electric shop . Difference
between 35 and 39A is not significant?

Summit or rock auto is another way.. given value of your time...some hi po
rebuilds have ~ 60A in that case.