Re: [Chrysler300] paint

I have had several 60's Jaguars painted by a shop here in San Jose which does high end collision work (Mercs, Jags, Astons, etc,. It has been here for 40 years and is a very well run shop with a large staff with designated specialities (welders, painters, body work men.prep people etc.)

They have their own "paint machine" and mix all their own paint. Their rule is very simple- they will only paintvehicles  using theor own paint, and if you don't like that, you must go elsewhere.

I spent a lot of time tracking down a rare color for an E Type I was restoring. I found a shop in Southern Calfornia which could mix the color I wanted so I bought a quart. My shop up here painted a test panel with it, then matched it with their system and sent me both panels. They were identical to my eye. I can appreciate the business logic of using the same system and training all their painters on a single system. They are a quality collision shop, but I see cars of famous people in there frequently for custom work. They do a moderate amount of restoration level painting on an as avalable basis. They do great work, even though they are insistent on their own rules. When my friends say they want to take theor car to my place and try to tell me how they must have a certain type of paint etc., I steer them away.
Mike Moore 300H