Re: [Chrysler300] Value of correct date block

Re: [Chrysler300] Value of correct date block

Shannon;
You mentioned that you want it to be an excellent restoration, but not a pure Concours car.
With that in mind, the block in hand is pretty close, like Edward said, it would be way too much trouble, if doable at all to get a more correct block.
The end result is lost on almost anyone admiring your car. and No one will know if the casting date is correct at a show.

In any event, by all means try to enter it in a Concours Judging, if only to get some reference point to keep improving the car with.
This is a good thing for anybody to do, even at the start of the project, loads of info can be gleaned from the judging sheets.

A long time member Dudley Finneyfrock explained his way of dealing with Concours Judging.
This is the best way to do it.
After it was judged, he would thank the judges for their time, receive his award at the Banquet, take the car home at the end of the Meet and leave the judging sheet in the car.
He would wait a week, then start looking at each item which lost points and examine that item. If he agreed it was fair, he would improve or replace that item and move on to the next thing to lose a point or 2. and repeat.

Over the years, his car constantly improved and now his 1970 Hurst is in the Chrysler Museum.
Have fun and Good Luck, Ray