RE: [Chrysler300] Possible 300H in Craigslist ad?

RE: [Chrysler300] Possible 300H in Craigslist ad?

That’s all true, ------

But our beloved letter cars are not as far as we might like to think sometimes, from production Chryslers;--and can be improved / made safer, looking from 2014..  They were mostly interior trim options and HD bin parts from Imperials,  or export/ marine/Industrial /truck / station wagon use , just like D-500’s or Desoto Adventurers . We do not ( I do not think?) want to get like Chevy guys looking to match casting numbers for a given day on one of 100,000 57 chevies, or brag about original battery acid. . Don’t get me wrong, we just have to avoid having large hats and no cattle; good luck to anybody fixing up a vintage mopar,--we need them all. I have a 60 NY based hearse that I toy with making a 300F hearse; I like the comment about this pseudo H being made of 300 parts left over after brake failure; I got a whole perfect F interior 30 years ago , hung in a barn, from one F wrapped around a tree in Ct. due to brake failure at high speed in a curve. It appeared to have been a 4 spd F from the console.

And I was there newly driving when 57 Mopar torsion bars snapped left and right due to a stress corrosion line at the rear torsion mount entrance; in fact I was inside a 57 Plymouth that did that going around a rotary, causing loss of control.

Hydro boost on my J scared me;  so many failures, “sort of fixed” by multiple rebuilds ; probably OK when new, but once dim bulbs have been inside them, all bets are off. I got rid of the car, after thoughts of installing no power brakes with a later cop dual master. . Cannot go 140 with fingers crossed about brakes...if you are sane.

I love these cars, #1, but they are not , say,  Aston Martins. They are the best Chryslers ever, with the best automotive engines ever designed in some of them, and the most beautiful cars ever made, to my eye.. But I would not spurn a 60 NY er convert! Or 57 Imperial convert...or 62 300. And have a 57 D 500 Convert.

John