From: Michael Moore <mmoore8425@xxxxxxx>
To: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: kmaniak <kmaniak@xxxxxxx>; 300 <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jan 30, 2014 10:29 am
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Manifolds and carbs

My 300H had a very thick insulation pad made from some sort of fiberglass, or asbestos wool in an heavy aluminum foil envelope under the intake manifold and extending outthe back. It seemed to me to be factory made, but can't be sure. I've always wondered what had happened to cause the manifold heat valve to be removed, the choke to be converted to manual, and I had assumed that pad was all part of it.
When I got the car, my neighbor, who  was an older mechanic and who was knowledgeable, commented that I should just use the choke to get it started and get it off choke as soon. Big engones, he said, don't need much choke once running (?).
My drivers side seat was raised up wooden blocks under each corner. The original owners was a Navy fighter pilot (F4H) who was killed in 1966, and I got it from his family.
Mike Moore