Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Manifolds and carbs

Mike:

The foil wrapped insulation pad between the underside of the intake manifold and the valley cover was placed there in the factory to keep the heat from the exhaust passage from transferring downward into the valley.  They are/were present in all my big block cars, except rams.

When you say your heat riser valve was removed, do you mean they pulled out the butterfly and left the empty shaft, or did they remove the valve and shaft and fill in the shaft holes in one manner or another?  Just curious...

Chris