[Chrysler300] RE: Fueling the discussion

[Chrysler300] RE: Fueling the discussion

I just communicated with Jamie Hyde, he tells me no exhaust heat control at all on J, (he is in the middle of doing one) so must be same on F. I stand corrected on that. Sorry for confusion on my part, never thought much about heat riser detail in context of rams  before today. , I have that heat riser rattle in my head for all cars, I guess. He mentioned max wedge guys are reproducing the, (or a) ,  dual choke cable, in process....

I cannot understand how Chrysler  expected that “no control ram heat” design  to work right. Heat under the ram carb would go up when engine hot, or hot day, even more with WOT, or cruising at 80 mph,  exactly wrong. And be slow to heat up off idle too. Really strange design to have no control at all of under carb heat? And for sure it ate away aluminum on exhaust side, but not sure if thermal or corrosion.

Maybe why 400Hp F apparently had water heated passages?

Related to Rich’s point, on the varying strategies to operate in line quads, ? were different CFM size WCFB in use over the 55-58 period? If smaller ones early on, maybe that was why parallel opening?  Two (actually 4!) large primary throats would not work well at low RPM.

I also thank Rob Kern for that excellent narrative in current Brute Force on what he went through on his C ; I am doing a C, right now, certain pitfalls now have excellent warning posts!! I also thank Rich for sending it to me. It is great stuff.