From: "C Bilter" <cbilter@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Manifolds and carbs and soccer moms
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 19:44:41 -0600

Probably true for the most part, although I’m sure there were some exceptions back in the day.  It would be interesting to hear if anyone has some tales of “the woman who drove the letter carâ€? (other than Vicki Wood) when they were “new.â€?  The article “The Chrysler Lettercarsâ€? by Allan Girdler from Automobile Quarterly back in the 1970’s tells the tale of how his wife had so much difficulty with their C.

Anyway, in the case of my own family, my Dad and I looked at a used 300E at the Chrysler dealer in Naperville, Il back in the very early 1960’s.  It was black, I think, and the first letter car I ever saw.  I really can’t remember the episode, however, as I was only three or four.  But I was a car guy even then.  Anyway, Mom would have nothing of the sort.  She had enough trouble starting the ‘56 Windsor Nassau they drove.  Dad had installed a manual choke on it for some reason.  Mom never figured out how to use it properly.

Carl B

Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Manifolds and carbs

Soccer moms were not invented when the letter cars were new. They would not be driving such an impractical car even if they were.