From: zzub <zzub@xxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler 300 Club <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Feb 17, 2014 1:49 pm
Subject: [Chrysler300] BATTERY CABLES 1957 - 1964

Can someone clarify for me the purpose of the brown wire attached to the positive cable which runs from the starter relay to the starter? The end at the relay has a spade connector and the end at the starter has a round connector. Also which years have the additional wire and which years do not have the wire? My 64 Chrysler does not have the additional wire. My 65 "L" has a wire running from the positive battery terminal to the starter relay marked "FUSIBLE LINK and a smaller gauge wire runs from the relay to the starter. Both cars were purchased used and I've been driving w/o any problems for years. Thanks in advance for the info regarding the battery cable questions. 300 regards....George Ver Berkmoes (83 degrees in Lakeside, CA)