Re: [Chrysler300] Re: New Seat Covers

Hello 300’ly to all!
    I am very pleased with the quality job Legendary Interiors did on my C seat covers.  The fit, finish, matching of leather hides (no pun intended Jamie), and seat padding  upholstering they did was marvelous.  I also had them replace the burlap, bead blast the frames and repaint them as part of the process.  Rob Kern

From: Jamie Hyde
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 10:13 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Re: New Seat Covers

Rob Kerr will have to wade in and comment but I believe his issue was resolved to his complete satisfaction with Legendary in regards to the seat cover s for his 57. Rob can offer a better idea of what all transpired with that effort, right after Rob received his completed seats, Cecil Kilmer ordered the same seat kits for his 57 and Cecil was very pleased with the fit and finish of his seats. Myself, I have bought two complete sets, and one partial seat kit from Legendary, one set for the Hurst, a vinyl rear seat for a Duster, and the other a complete set for my 65L Convertible in leather. I am very impressed with the quality and fit of their seats, they look exactly like the originals. I would not recommend that you attempt to install the foam and seat covers yourself. The seat foam that Legendary sells for the 60-65 requires trimming to fit the individual seat application. I live about an hour away from their plant and have attended a car show that they sponsor during the warmer months, remember them? the warmer months that is? During the car show, Legendary offers a plant tour and you can see them manufacturing most all of their products. I did watch a vinyl bucket seat kit being installed, and noted it is very involved with some very special techniques and tools employed to ensure a proper appearance. Call Chris Robbins at Legendary (800-363-8804 x 209) and mention that you are a Chrysler 300 club member, they having a sale going on right now until the 17th of this month. As far as delivery timing you will have to discuss that with them, as most every item I saw is made to order, they do not have completed seat kits sitting on the shelf ready to ship due to the vast inventory that would have to be stocked. My Hurst seats were rejected during the manufacturing process by their internal quality inspection team, this delayed their estimated completion date, they have high inspection standards that are very visible during the plant tour I took. In my case, since the Hurst seats are leather I had to wait until a suitable dye lot arrived to match the other already completed seats. I was told that during one of the inspections, a soft area in the thickness was discovered that was not apparent during their pre manufacturing inspection, that may, and the key word is may, have caused a possible problem once they were put into service. They looked visibly perfect, but Legendary did not want me to have any problems years down the road, since they warranty their seats from manufacturing defects for life. This speaks to the commitment they have to the offering the best products in the business.  As far as SMS providing seats kits, I cannot comment about their seats, but they are the ones who reproduce door panels that Legendary does not make themselves. I know because I had SMS do the door panels for the 65L after Legendary recommended that I contact them, After I shipped the 65 panels out to SMS with the proper inside weather strips from Restoration Specialties, I waited 22 months for the completed panels to arrive. The panels are beautiful and were well worth the wait to complete. I just got off the phone with Doug last night at SMS and he is going to do the door panels for my 63J but knowing that the project will take some time for them to complete, I have sourced a set of red 64 300 panels to use until the 63 panels come back, can you say “getting the J ready for the spring meet?”

Jamie Hyde