[Chrysler300] Re: Hankook tires

Hankook tires; I had a set of the 235/75R-15  on my Imperial when I first  got the car. I was washing the tires and it seemed I could not get the brown dirt off of one of the tires. This was the night before leaving for the Carlisle Chrysler event.  Turned out I had washed the black off the tire and it turned really brown when it dried, looked like a glazed donut with the white wall, and attracted quite a few comments parked on the show field, it was only the one tire that this happened too. I then bought a set of Corky Coker’s American Classics and had a great experience with Corky at our Chattanooga meet. On the way down the car had a vibration at highway speeds. Since we were going to tour his facility I thought I would ask if they were coved under any type of warranty. After looking at the tires, his staff stated  that  there was nothing wrong with the tires, and preformed a road force balance on them. For those of you unfamiliar with road force balance, it is a process where they remove all the weights, number the tires and the rims, then spin up all four tires,  measure the run out, and other parameters, this data is stored in the computer system for analysis. The computer then tells the tech which tire to  mount on say, rim number three, and then rotate that particular tire 135 degrees from the rim mark on number three,  they then spin it up for the final weight adjustment, the tires took very little weights.  Amazing , I could not be more pleased as the tires are as smooth as glass now. When I went to pay for the service I was delighted to find out Corky had told them no charge as the Chrysler 300 club were his guests, nice guy. In my great state of NY they have passed a law banning lead wheel weights. You have to pay a disposal fee now when you purchase new tires, the approved wheel weights are larger,  coated, and do not look correct. Currently there are no plans to require removal of installed lead weights during our annual vehicle inspection process.