Re: [Chrysler300] Spring

Terry,
    I had the same initial experience with my C and then went for a 50/50 110 octane/93 octane mixture.  After a few months the car didn’t behave well and ran rough and eventually I was advised that most likely deposits were accumulating on the valve seats from the high octane leaded racing fuel.  I learned quickly that octane doesn’t equate with power, just prevents pre-ignition.  I dumped seafoam cleaner in the tank of ethanol-free 91 octane and after two tanks the car ran swell.  The best improvement in BTU release is if you can use ethanol-free gas and 93.  I can only now get 91 ethanol free and add an octane booster good for 2 octane points (?) to get to 93.  No run on with idle set at 800 for A/C use in Oklahoma heat and great performance.  300’ly, Rob Kern

Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 3:03 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Spring

I just dumped 5 gallons of 100 octane leaded av gas into the tank of my 300F. The car is doing the Happy Dance!   Now ,this is the way these cars are supposed to feel!  Even the transmission is happy; even a moderately vigorous acceleration is greeted with a nice chirp on the one-two shift!  Terry McTaggart