Re: [Chrysler300] Another Tire Question

Cooper makes tires under about a dozen brand names including Mastercraft as well as several marketed by TBC and Treadways. I have found Mastercraft to be OK - cant say they are all made the same, but I would suspect a lot of commonality including basic manufacturing equipment as they all disappear in a given size / configuration at the same time.

There is pretty much only 1 whitewall in each brand and they have pretty much identical specs including 440 treadwear.
I expect all of the tires below in a given size are made in same plant - at least the old 225/75R14 - both Tempra and Mastercraft were DOT plant code UT (Texarkana, AR)

I don't know about today, but my 2007 Cooper catalog shows some of the Cooper tires as made in UK and others including some of the Trendsetter configurations as made in China - in fairness, at least they noted it in their 2007 catalog.

I would check the DOT codes if I really wanted to know where a tire was made rather than assuming all Coopers are made in USA.

Also I know they were in negotiations to sell out to a foreign (India?) company but I think that fell through.

DOT codes for plant are 1st 2 letters - see http://www.harriger.com/tire1.htm

TBC brands include Cordovan, Multi-Mile, Sigma, and Vanderbilt.

Treadways brands include ElDorado, Jetzon, Telstar and Sumitomo.

Other tires of this family may include Dean, Hercules, Starfire, Tempra, and Big-O, as well as Mastercraft and possibly others
.