RE: [Chrysler300] Brake Conversion

Hi, I have AAJ kit on my Matador,( same as F)  JY used them too. Works fine so far , reasonable cost too. John G

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Moore mmoore8425@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:22 PM
To: John Lazenby
Cc: Jack Boyle; Ronald Kurtz; Intl 300
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Brake Conversion

John, Thanks for the info. How much impact did the conversion have on turning radius?

Mike Moore

300H

On Jun 18, 2014, at 7:57 AM, John Lazenby french_fryguy@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A couple of comments regarding a disc brake conversion.  I've done two cars, our '60 300F (now sold) and our '57 300C.  Both kits were from AAJ  AAJ Brake Conversion Web Page

image

AAJ Brake Conversion Web Page

Kits for other makes and years available, click on OTHER MAKES BUTTON located above. "Franks House of Tops"    (click here to go to Franks) I can reproduce...

Preview by Yahoo

 and worked out well.  I purchased their base kit as they supply all of the application descriptions and part numbers needed to complete the kit.  You may be able to save yourself a few dollars by purchasing these items at your local parts store.

The only upgrade I did was on the '57 300C.  I discovered that the brake hose numbers they suggested were very tight when the suspension was fully extended.  I went to a local shop and had "braided" lines custom made a bit longer.  Not only did that correct the travel issue but the pedal pressure was much better.  Since then anytime I do brake replacements on any of our cars I install braided lines for this reason.  Cost was very close to the rubber hoses.

Should you be running wire wheels you will have brake dust and this ends up getting on the whitewall tires.  I found myself constantly washing and scrubbing to keep them clean.  Improvement on this can be by selection of pad material one uses, but the trade off is rotor life.

I purchased and installed a set of Kleenwheels Dust shields | Brake dust covers | Clean Wheels | Kleen Wheels which greatly reduced the dust getting on the outer side of the wheel and tire.  I used a universal part number they offer and it is a very easy install.  Beyond what I've said this will cover the brake caliper and give the appearance of a drum brake.

Hope this info will be of assistance to anyone doing the conversion.....

John Lazenby

image

Dust shields | Brake dust covers | Clean Wheels | Kleen ...

Call Kleen Wheels today (800-327-6548) to order your brake dust shields to keep your car’s wheels looking like new and never scrub your wheels again!

Preview by Yahoo