RE: [Chrysler300] I know this WILL come up again sometime

Say NO to DexCool! It is not what you want. you can purchase a small litmus paper test kit and test all your coolant protection and even if it is in need of being flushed. Also putting a voltage test probe + in the radiator coolant, The - to block ground, if you showed .2vdc plus it is time to flush and replace.
   My W350 coolant is nearly ten years old and still passes testing. No bloom or corrosion in the brass radiator. I have a early Dakota that seems to need replacement every three years.

To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:31:41 -0400
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] I know this WILL come up again sometime

On 6/18/2014 2:54 AM, Steve Albu wrote:

> I wonder what this writer's credentials are or how useful the article
> really is for those of us with older cars that usually do have some
> brass in the cooling systems, if they are original? I would never use
> DexCool in my older cars. He says DexCool has received a bum rap while
> most others say it deserves the rap. So most other authors are wrong
> and he is right? The coolant jugs I see in stores today say long life
> coolant, the green stuff anyway, should last 5 years, not 3 years, and I
> have had the green silicate based coolant in all of my cars that could
> be classified as "garage queens" longer than that with no ill effects.
> While I appreciate the effort to inform, I really don't trust the
> information.

> Steve Albu

All the information is verifiable.

Despite the promotional material the anti-freeze companies try any
publish. Several of them got into trouble with the Government
watchdogs for claiming 'Their' stuff was universal, when it was not!

I believe that modern system are meant to be SEALed up tight, NO
Air bubbles or gaps, unlike the systems in the 50's and 60's.
And that can be a problem if some of the modern formulations have
extra air in the system, that allows particulates to develop and
settle out, and that can hasten diminishing quality of today's
formulas.

Despite claims, I am on a 3 year replacement cycle even in the
Wifypoo's PT GT R/T. I have Seen the crude modern anti-freeze can
build up in systems too much to accept the 5 year cycle they are
claiming. Might be a tad over cautious but I'll take that that gamble.
Saw it with the 98 Sebring, saw it with FrankenTruck, And even in
the PT when it had to have the radiator replaced.

--
Paul Holmgren
GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY.

Posted by: RICK AND DEBBIE CLAPHAM <rixpac@xxxxxxx>