[Chrysler300] 300C driver's heel pad

Hello All --

I am getting into the fun part of this restoration on my late father's
300C convertible -- reassembling and reinstalling all the refurbished
and shined-up parts.  However, in several instances, I've found that
something I thought looked OK before now looks pretty shabby alongside
the other new parts.

My immediate concern is the protective rubber heel pad sewn into the
driver's side of the carpet.  To my eyes, the 1973-vintage Goers carpet
now looks only fair, but not quite good enough, and the heel pad
definitely shows wear.  I plan to have the upholstery shop just make a
whole new carpet using the old one as a pattern, but I don't know quite
what to do about the heel pad.  Goers does not list one separately, and
although I wouldn't mind just buying his complete carpet set, I AM
concerned about the  turnaround time, considering the likely huge
backlog due to his long bout with his leg problem.I don't know if the
size and embossed pattern are unique, or if I could use something
generic or from another vehicle.

Does anyone know where to get a reasonably correct heel pad so my
upholstery shop can just sew it on?

Ray Melton
1957 Chrysler 300C convertible   white/Gauguin
S/N 3N572517

Las Cruces, NM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional