RE: [Chrysler300] 1958 300D Engine Oil Filller Cap

I ues brillo Pa0d scrubber mat'l in the oil breathers on my Cub Cadets.

It's stainless steel and looks like drill shavings only fatter

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Richard Osborne reomotorsports1@xxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 11:22 AM
To: Larry Jabin
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1958 300D Engine Oil Filller Cap

I used 3M Scotch Brite pads on mine over 10 years ago. I cut the pad into
strips so I could stuff the strips into the holes in the bottom of the cap.
Seems to still be fine.

Richard

On Jul 21, 2014, at 12:18 PM, Larry Jabin larry@xxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
<Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am cleaning up & painting an old Oil Filler Cap, the one that has OIL
stamped on it twice

I have removed all the filtering material inside of it because it was
falling apart, took a while to get it all out through the little holes on
the bottom

Did not want to take it apart because I thought I might ruin it

Not sure what it was made out of, maybe Horse Hair

Just trying to figure what I could put in there for a filter without tearing
it apart at the seam

Thinking about stuffing cotton balls in there

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thank You

Larry Jabin

 <mailto:Larry@xxxxxxxxxx> Larry@xxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your email settings: