RE: [Chrysler300] Bill Korbel's 300G at Russo Steele

RE: [Chrysler300] Bill Korbel's 300G at Russo Steele

I am obviously far away (in Australia), but two things I see:
1) Pete Fitch is I think 100% right - I agree if 300 Owners keep putting their cars at Auction - and on things like ebay without decent Reserves -  then I only see 300 values going even lower
2) Again understand I am not in the US, so I maybe wrong with what I say.  What would help with 300 values is there needs be both some accounting of what cars left are in what conditions, plus currently 'would buyers' have no way of knowing if any car is 100% correct/true, done however someone decides what is the right way.

Over here in Australia, we have only maybe 1-2 '55 300s, same number 300Bs, maybe 6 300Cs, Ds about same, and Fs maybe 10.  And that before how many are bought back to 100% factory right/correct, and that before how many of those drive like a new one should ?! And maybe only 50% of these 300s on the road.

And that brings up another problem I see - forget here where obviously there not enough 300s to know what a stock one was like new, BUT EVEN IN THE US who today knows how good/fast a stock say 300C or 300F is?! HAS A CAR THEY CAN SAY IS 100% RIGHT RE HOW A NEW ONE DROVE ?!
WHEN WAS LAST TIME A MAINSTREAM MAG ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD DID A 2014 road test of "stock 300 VERSUS other more valuable same day collector Cars/cars?!'  COMPARISON?

And re restoration quality - knowing what 300ly right or wrong - compare this situation with early Corvettes, AC Cobras/Shelbys, XKE Jaguars, 50s Mercedes?!
Those guys know  - print books of asmazing quality/detail - of near every special nut - every every thing. And because of that, a buyer can be told/see/find the car he looking at is indeed right or wrong..

Car Values for rare fast cars like our early 300s ARE NOT GOING DOWN -  like 6 cylinder swing axle mid 50s 300SL Guillwing Mercs are now million dollars, and CRAZY PRICES FOR EVEN bubblecars and early VW Kombis - NEAR ANYTHING RARE RE OTHERS THINKING IT A CAR THAT WILL BE HARD TO GET IN THE FUTURE !? Who knows what !!???  But prices in last year have trebled while our early 300s generally seem to have halved re prices 300 seller taking, unless they 300F converts - and I may be wrong, but a well sorted stock 300C or 300F, most likely would be a way faster safe driving car - never mind just as visually outstanding to someone who knows nothing about cars???!!

None of the above is to be negative - just how I see it - I have 3 300Cs, and as I have over 20 other collector cars now and running/enjoying  that many doing all your own work takes a bit of time, so I likely will sell my most ordinary one (even though it the hard to get factory red, and a zero accident damage matching build number car) unless I love it too much when I finish it, but I see me taking a huge bath on what it will owe me if guys in the US keep 'giving away their 300s at Auctions etc - that recent auction sale by one owner of about 10 300S where few 300Cs and Ds went for mid $20s to 30s I would say knocked maybe 30-40% of future buyers 50s 300 value estimations !!!!

Unless those nice looking 300s were rusted out scrap under that good paint, what looked like near factory chrome bumpers, good interiors !! With the internet today, buyers can see what other cars recently sold for real easy, and it only takes a few turning up real cheap, to scare sensible buyers off paying what they know they really worth. And at the end of it, it is what the buyer decides it worth, that decides what he pays?

Christopher in Australia - over last 3 months had one of our coldest winters across south of nation, but in few weeks cruise season starts again