From: "Ray Melton rfmelton@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "chrysler300" <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:36:45 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Alamogordo Meeting

Hello Fellow members --

The weatherman sure has rained on our parade (literally!), hasn't he?
And there's nowhere to escape the rain within a 300-mile radius -- what
unfortunate timing for this leftover hurricane!

The restoration on my late father's 1957 300C convertible is running
behind schedule (no surprise!) and it is not yet running, but I was
originally planning to trailer the car to Alamogordo for display as a
"work in progress".  I was really looking forward to the opportunity for
the members to critique the work so far. Unfortunately, the top on the
torn convertible cannot yet protect the interior, so I cannot subject
the car to this interminable rain.  However, if you are planning to
travel into Las Cruces for any side trips, I would still invite anyone
interested to drop by and see the car in the shop where it has lived for
a little over two years now and make suggestions regarding  any errors
of omission or commission.  Admittedly, finances have not allowed a 100%
frame-off, no-expense-spared restoration, but I eagerly solicit any
suggestions for areas of improvement.   If I am not there in person,
Scott Clem, the owner of the shop, will be glad to show you around and
tell you of the work they have done.  In addition, I have left a
clipboard so you can write your suggestions.  Please include your name,
e-mail and phone so I can follow up with you.

The car, nicknamed "Big Red" by my Dad when he bought it in 1969, is at
the "Desert Moon Rod and Kustom" shop (sign on long, low white building
says "Hot Rod Shop"),  located about 4 miles east of Las Cruces just off
US Highway 70.  The address is 5130 Bataan Memorial East (that is the
name of the eastbound frontage road on the south side of US Hwy 70) and
is accessed by taking the Mesa Grande exit and proceeding ~ 400 yards
east on that frontage road.

In spite of this crummy rain, I plan to go to Alamogordo so I can meet
with the other attendees and put faces with the names of so many of you
who have helped me with information, advice and parts all through this
process -- that's been one of the most rewarding parts of this project,
making it mostly a very enjoyable experience in spite of the many
setbacks, frustrations and unexpected expenditures.

I look forward to seeing ya'll in the next couple of days, and I really
appreciate all the help and encouragement I have received.

Ray Melton
Las Cruces, NM
1957 Chrysler 300C convertible
S/N 3N572517  white/Gauguin