Re: [Chrysler300] Re: 300F coupe owned since 1967 VIN: 8403142999

Re: [Chrysler300] Re: 300F coupe owned since 1967 VIN: 8403142999

The other important 'catch' (so I've been told, but would like to verify) is that while the Ford and Mopar 4.5x5 bolt patterns do match up, the taper on the holes for the lug nuts is different, so you can't mix lug nuts between the rims without the possibility of loosening.  If you buy Ford rims to put on your Chrysler, make sure you get the lug nuts along with them, or buy new Ford lug nuts to use with them and don't try to use the Chrysler lug nuts.
I'm still toying with the idea of going to 15" rims on my 57 to be able to use reasonably priced 225-75R15 tires, but having a hard time finding what I want in a wheel/rim/hubcap style.  I might wind up just biting the bullet on the Diamondback wide white radials, though it kills me to pay that much for tires that are just going to dry rot long before they ever wear out.