[Chrysler300] Heed: the BLEED

Always learning......like the idea of adjusting the drums tight to the shoes to eliminate the possibility of adjustment being part of the problem while trying to get a pedal.  Also am learning to cap off either the front or rear brakes temporarily with brass from NAPA so as to rule out 50% at a time of air leaks when all  cylinders and hoses have been replaced.  Most replacement master cylinders instruction sheet tell to bench bleed the master before putting on the car but like the plan for a brake line being bent to take and give from and to the master.  About the time I finally learn all the tricks, it will be good to use on the chariot wheels on the streets of gold.  When I was a Shell dealer in the middle 60's, my first brake job was a 57 Plymouth.  It took more then two days to get a brake pedal even with the help of the parts supplier and the mobil brake drum and shoes jobber helping.  End of the second day I left the car on the hoist and over-night the air found its way to the m/c and all was good again.

Larry W Jett
8176 Fairway Ct            Eat, Drink, & Be Larry...
Newark, CA 94560

Posted by: Larry Jett <larrywjett@xxxxxxxxx>