Re: [Chrysler300]

I recently had  the headgaskets on my 2007 Subaru Forester replaced. While resurfacing the heads, we discovered the seats were all pretty pitted so we ground the valves. The machinist said that pitting was typical of ethanol gas fueled vehicles at around 100k miles.
Mike Moore
On Mar 2, 2015, at 2:49 PM, 'Jack Boyle' jackcboyle@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Corn gas has ruined two of my tanks and gummed up float bowls. I now use real gas only.

If I am forced to use corn gas when traveling I fill up with real gas as soon as I can. There are now more stations in the KC area with real gas than there was 2 years ago.

…Jack

Jack Boyle

(913) 544 4650

Enjoying the same C-300 since 1967

IMG_0623 small

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Monday, March 2, 2015 4:18 PM
To: pffkllc@xxxxxxx; french_fryguy@xxxxxxxxx; jsnowosacki@xxxxxxxxx; fabe7445@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: terrymct999@xxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300]

This is apparently published by the ethanol industry but says that neoprene is compatible. Interesting to note that the terne internal coating found in our old fuel tanks is incompatible. The witches brew making up today’s motor fuel can be expected to produce unforeseen results.

Ethanol is for drinking and drinking and driving never should be mixed.

I was able to switch back and forth between corn gas and regular unleaded last month in a long trip in our hemi-engined 2005 Durango. MPG could be up 2-4 MPG with regular gas. Our ’55 C-300 with 8.5:1 heads seems to lap up corn gas and produce a good, solid 10 MPG. I get better mileage towing it behind the Durango.

Repeating a previous post—thanks to all that furnished ideas on what to look for. Like Sherlock Holmes, after the impossible was ruled out (by fixing or replacing) what remained was the solution: The small wire from the coil to the points in the distributor. Arrgghhh.

http://iqlearningsystems.com/ethanol/downloads/Ethanol%20 <http://iqlearningsystems.com/ethanol/downloads/Ethanol%20&%20E85%20Material%20Compatibility.pdf> &%20E85%20Material%20Compatibility.pdf

or, if you wish: http://tinyurl.com/pusnqsm

C300K’ly,

Rich Barber