Oops, I just recalled. There could well be a difference between the '57 and the '58 PS hoses. The '57s used a Thompson pump, and the '58s used a different brand, so the hose might have been changed too.

Keith Boonstra

-

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 2:31 PM, John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It probably tracks the steering box change 57-58, vs later ?

Ram hose might work on non ram B block cars ok? Problem / difference is carb plenum area bends right? Thinking prioritizing….

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'C Bilter' cbilter@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 12:54 PM
To: kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Jamie Hyde
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Power steering hoses RP-1501 project

Based on my experience (‘57 New Yorker vs. ‘63 300J vs. ‘63 Imperial) the ‘57-‘58 is different from both the ‘60-‘64 ram pressure hose as well as the ‘59-‘66 non-ram (single 4bbl) hose.

Carl B

Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 11:15 AM

Jamie,

Would this be the same configuration of PS hose as found on the '57-58 C an D? I had a miserable time dealing with an aftermarket one on my C. Could earlier cars be included as a variation in producing the project hoses (if they are actually different)?

I'm pretty sure I have an original to furnish as a model if you would need it.

Thanks.

Keith Boonstra