Re: [Chrysler300] John Chesnutt Updates

john and arlys will be on my prayer card / Billlllll Leahy in Kennewick, Washington

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 3, 2015, at 1:22 PM, "'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just received a call from Arlys Chesnutt and an update on dual member John Chesnutt.  After an extended ten-hour surgery with many complications including a nearly complete blood changeout, a leaking replacement heart valve was replaced along with considerable additional plumbing around John’s great heart.

This surgery has been compared to the automotive equivalent of an engine overhaul while it is still running.

Today John is alert and various feeding and breathing tubes have been removed.  Arlys seemed upbeat and believes John will come through this major surgery with a good prognosis and a quick return to his beautiful 300C coupe which he has owned since 1958 BA (Before Arlys).

Arlys did report that in his anesthesia-induced delirium, John thought he was in a service station with all the tubes, hoses and wires.  Always the car guy.

Prayers of thanksgiving and for continued healing would be appreciated.  Not only for the medical team but for all the research and development on the heart-lung machine and surgical techniques that have made this life-extending miracle possible and to the generous donors who gave their blood so that John might live.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA

Posted by: William Leahy <bleahy@xxxxxxxxxxx>