[Chrysler300] An old friend C300, with a new friend

[Chrysler300] An old friend C300, with a new friend

Hello Group,

With Spring finally starting to spring around here, our local WPC Club had its season kickoff show at nearby Larry Roesch Chrysler in Elmhurst today.
Rich Barber recently sold his platinum 'old friend' C300, mentioning that it was leaving California and coming to the Chicago area. I followed up, and connected with 'new friend' Todd Baker, Sr, of St. Charles, IL, who's the proud new owner of this beauty. Todd drove to today's show, and we had a great time getting to know each other. One little glitch - the '55, with its 60 year old vintage fabric-wrapped wiring at the starter relay, was being obstinate and refusing to allow the big Hemi to fire up but, with Andy Mikonis 'persuading' the wires to perform their function as designed, the powerful motor came to life. I strongly encouraged Todd to join our Club. Todd mentioned that Rich, as part of the deal to sell his car, paid Todd's west coast club membership! Todd had owned a platinum C300 back about 45 years ago.

Also at the show was a fellow who produces "My Car Story with Lou Costabile" videos that he puts on YouTube. After filming a red '68 Kaiser Jeepster and a sublime  '70 Hemi Superbird, Lou did a segment with my 300F, followed by segments on Todd's C300, and Club member Frank Troost's mardi gras red '61 NYer convertible. These should be available for viewing shortly - I see the Jeepster and Superbird are already online.

Starting to pack up the 300F for Bentonville,
Noel Hastalis
Burr Ridge, IL

Posted by: cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx