RE: [Chrysler300] Gas Gauge on the 59 300E ............................

RE: [Chrysler300] Gas Gauge on the 59 300E .......................................................

I have a new sending unit sitting on the work bench for just the same reason. Will have to drop the tank and drain the gas first. Over winter the gas spoiled even with Sea Foam. Fouled the plugs and the gas gauge went South. I had a couple of friends shake the back of the car (scientific shake test) and was able to see the gauge move slightly. The resistance range was 10 full and empty is 75 ohms. Easy to check by moving the float while outside the tank. Did this once about 10 years ago and worked fine until this winter. The original sending unit had corroded when removed to clean and epoxy the tank. Just sitting on the floor for a few days was a mistake. Reasonably sure the sending unit is the defect in the system now. I also ran a check on the wiring from the tank to the gauge and all was well.