Re: [Chrysler300] known car 8403 156821

This car was at the 1998 Barrett Jackson auction where I saw it in person.  The owner was near by and told me that only 4 F terra cotta convertibles were made in 1960, and that this was likely the only one left.  When I reported to the Group, several persons sent me emails saying that this was not true and that they personally had a terra cotta F convertible.

The color is described in the auction as terra cotta, but it is not even close (I have an F hardtop in terra cotta so I know first hand what this color looks like).  It is more of a mauvish red color. The color is not too far from the 1961 Chrysler dubonnet color; remember the color of John Hertog's 1961 Newport hardtop?

Even worse, it has an 842 body code (for an F two door hardtop), not an 845 body code for an F convertible.  When it went across the auction block, BJ said that it was a "made car".  It did not meet the reserve and did not sell at that auction.

Buyer beware -- for sure!!

Posted by: Jim Pristelski <ajp002@xxxxxxxxx>