Re: [Chrysler300] Back to the 50s

It's held on the grounds of the St Paul Fairgrounds - 360 acres. This Friday thru Sunday. Hosted by MSRA - Minnesota Street Rod Association. You can park your car, or slowly cruise around the various roads within the Fairgrounds all day, as does Mike Meier in his '59 DeSoto. On Saturday I would guess over 100,000 spectators are walking through, taking in all the old vehicle eye candy. I'll be waiting in line outside the entry gates before 6:00 am Saturday morning to get a good parking spot. Sunday is less hectic. You'll also see a couple thousand spectators camped on the service road alongside the main drag on which we exit the Fairgrounds in the evening, taking in the great vehicles. You'll see great old classics, as well as crazy rat rods. One of former Gov Jesse Ventura's positive moves as a 'car guy' was to do away with sound ordinances, so you'll hear plenty of sweet engine melodies. That said, it's a very mellow gathering with lots of gendarmes, so there are no burnouts, and it's very child and people friendly. Preregistration is required. This will be my third consecutive year attending it, and have a friend flying in from CA to join me - he says he likes it better than Woodward, which he also attends often. Check it out online. I think this is the 42nd year of this event.
Noel

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 17, 2015, at 8:18 AM, "David Schwandt" <finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Is this a stationary car show or a cruise type event??

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)