From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'Jack Boyle' jackcboyle@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 12:09 PM
To: mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx; jmaiani@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Need help please

I have been told that later model Jeeps still use the ball and trunion. The boot is either rubber (factory) or lace up leather (after market). You can install the rubber boot with lubrication and patience over the pin and thru the housing. I have used the leather lace up in cars that are not subjected to dirt roads, severe weather etc.

My dad always put a short piece of small (16ga) wire under the rubber boot lip before tightening the clamp insisting you needed a vent for when the driveshaft length changes during use. J

…Jack

Jack Boyle

(913) 544 4650

Enjoying the same C-300 since 1967