[Chrysler300] Proper adhesive for grill medallion?

[Chrysler300] Proper adhesive for grill medallion?

While you are out shopping for your adhesive you may see " "3M Plastic Emblem & Trim Adhesive"  and think " Wow, this is the perfect adhesive for my plastic emblem ".  " My emblem is plastic and this adhesive from a very reputable company (3M) should do the trick."

YOU can not be more wrong.

Several years ago, I purchased a new emblem for my 62 300. Looking for adhesive I saw this 3M adhesive and thought it should be the right stuff. I had the grille out and on saw horses. I applied the adhesive, set the emblem in place and went back over to the front of the car to prepare to install the grille.
A few minutes later I went back to the grille and I saw that the adhesive was reacting with the plastic and eating away/ melting the plastic. It ruined my newly purchased $50.00  medallion.

I purchased another medallion and used clear silicone adhesive without any problems at all.

I also attached the emblem to a plate that I made. I soldered two threaded studs to the plate. Now if for whatever reason I have to change the grille I can easily remove the emblem and attach it to the other grille.

Charlie Valentine
300G
62 300 Sport Convertible
1965 Plymouth Barracuda