Re: [Chrysler300] Vicki Wood / C300 Flying Mile Car

Re: [Chrysler300] Vicki Wood / C300 Flying Mile Car

Josh,

Thanks for the kind words but what it this "Mr. Lazenby" stuff??  I'm glad that Tim McCloud (Steve's son) phoned me and we had those conversations.  Some 20 years ago I dreamed of owning this car but then couldn't do it financially and today due to age and health it is just not in the cards.

In those conversations with Tim I know there were other potential buyers but I kept stressing that YOU were the guy to get the car and honor his late father by preserving the history of this example.  I know you will not let me down on that.

Over the years I've been very lucky to own some great Chrysler products but more importantly are the many people associated with the mark that I've come to know and call "friend".  My longtime friend, Wayne Graefen, let me drive his 300F Special numerous times and I even stored it for him several months when he relocated to Texas.   I've sat in 300C 1001 and was able to look the car over quite closely to find unique features.

Of course there have also been many more special cars and people along the way but I've always thought that 3N55-1001 was possibly the most significant Letter Car ever built.  I'm sure like religion and politics one could debate this until the end of time.

I'm looking forward to seeing you, the car and possibly being able to offer some input and maybe most importantly LEARN more about it.  CONGRATULATIONS to you on a job well done in making the purchase.  I'm sure Steve McCloud is smiling down at you.

My best,

"Mr. Lazenby"