[Chrysler300] Sure-Grip Differentials

The 742 case and the 489 case are interchangeable in our cars. The 742 is correct for our cars and is considered the "better" of the units. (Easier to rebuild, clutch posi vs spring posi units.)

The posi units are also interchangeable between 742 and 489.

It not unlikely to find a 742 case rebuilt with a spring posi unit (489) because that eliminates the "pin spacer" problem that has been the subject of some posts.

(The spacer pin can fall into the differential housing when servicing axle bearings and correct end play adjustment can't be achieved).

Jeff Miklas

Posted by: ldmiklas@xxxxxxxxxxx