Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 4:43 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Octane Booster For Real Gas And 10% Alcohol Gas

Hi all,

Thanks to a member in Pa., we've now located non-alcohol gas at a reasonable price about an hour away from where we live.

But now we have another problem:

1.  How to keep 10% alcohol 93 octane from pinging our F's engine, especially on hot days (which is when we drive it).
2.  How to keep this "100% real gas" with lower octanes from ping our F's engine too.

What to do?

Recall that all gas octane today is what the Fed. calls "research octane", not what it was when we were driving our 300's back in the 60's with no 413's pinging at all.

So even when one is lucky enough to find local non-alcohol gas it is often not today's "higher test" motor fuel.  It is more often today's "regular" [say 87] or maybe a "mid grade" octane say [91.5].

Those of you who are octane boosting alcohol and/or non-alcohol gas - what works best for you with BOTH of these fuels?  A product that is readily available at local car stores is best but Internet orders can work too.  Let's hear from you back to the server on what you are doing that works well, especially on hot days.  We can all benefit from your experiences.

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributes to this discussion.

Maybe we can somehow beat this corn/octane disaster yet!

A&G

Posted by: "C Bilter" <cbilter@xxxxxxxxx>