[Chrysler300] the transmission of my 300F (my Letter): 1949 904 and not

[Chrysler300] the transmission of my 300F (my Letter): 1949 904 and not 1949 808

Actually my Letter is in the storage hall I rented for my 56 NY and my Letter.
I put my Letter on four stands to start with cleaning and restoring.
During the cleaning process I got out the parts number of the transmission. It's a 1949 904 transmission, used as the standard transmission for some Dodge, De Soto and Chrysler cars, but not for the F.
I assume my Letter was sold (as new) at Duarte-Witting, Martinez, Ca. I could imagine that the original transmission is laying around in a junk yard close by.

Because there is not the original radiator as well it could be that a mechanic replaced both, the radiator and the transmission. I saw the internal parts of a A488 that got cooling fluid through a leaking heat exchanger...

Your help is very appreciated. Thank you. I would like to get the or a stock F transmission and keep the 904 as a spare transmission.

Dieter

Posted by: dieter8496@xxxxxxxxxxx