From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'Rick Vitek' rpvitek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 10:04 AM
To: 'Ray Jones'
Cc: 'Listsaver 300 Club'
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Brake shoe retainer/hold down spring - G

I was going to give the part number in my last post but I was hesitant to give an actual part number for a system such as brakes. I don’t know if the part I started from was stock and 30 plus years in court means I don’t want persons to take it as a functional guarantee. So at the risk of too much information take it for what it is worth.

The hold down springs we found are 80712 from NAPA (four to a box). That’s the number from NAPA’s supplier ( I believe he mentioned United) . He says they also make the parts for Raybestos (unconfirmed). We eventually found the info in the paper Raybestos catalog (no such info on computer system) although he said they didn’t carry the Raybestos part. The part number was cross referenced to NAPA’s system. We found the number after some time going through a large class of “springs”. The reference to Chrysler cars from the Forward Look era was some confirmation as well as a tension that seemed to be much closer than other springs I tried. By the way, you may need to add a day or two to get the parts as he says they’re usually at the regional parts warehouse level.

As for the pins, I don’t have a part number any longer. Those we were able to more easily find, again only in paper in the NAPA catalog under a heading of brake pins. They were listed by length, not application. So just measure your pin length and match it to one of the lengths listed. Retainer caps were also listed next to pins.

As for having on hand for your car, pins and hold down springs (not retainer cups) for all four wheels were less than $15