[Chrysler300] Chrysler300] Rte 6 River to River road trip updatefinal

[Chrysler300] Chrysler300] Rte 6 River to River road trip updatefinal

Beautiful bright sunshine on our backs this AM as we pulled out of Newton on the final leg of this years Route 6 run.

10 AM saw most of the group visiting the Iowa Capitol bldg. Upon leaving the capitol, a local parade was in progress right on our planned route out of town and the traffic caught some of us on the way out so they were late for the lunch stop at Redfield.

Many of us made use of the wait time for the group to catch up by visiting several local museums in the town and then it was off on the final leg into Council Bluffs for our planned 5PM roll in to a car show already in progress.

The show , which was held in the down town business area was huge and featured many cars from the 70’s and 80’s along w/many street rods, rat rods etc.

Our F was the only 300 there and I don’t recall seeing any other 50’s Chrysler products at all. It was a fine afternoon for a show which drew quite a crowd for the short time we were there.

It’s back towards the house tomorrow, we will be taking US route 30, the Lincoln Highway which is well marked with many signs directing you onto the less traveled original route sections along the way. All in all it was a great trip despite the rain yesterday.

Dave & Carolyn

Posted by: "David Schwandt" <finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>